What personal identifiable data do we collect from the people that visit our website?
- Personal data, given to us by you, such as name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit or debit card information.
- ‘Automatically Collected’ Information – if you use our Site we may automatically collect information about your computer, including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type. We achieve this by using cookies and other forms of technology. All of the information that is automatically collected is statistical data about our Users browsing actions and patterns.
When do we collect your personal data?
- We collect this data from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to a newsletter, browse the website or enter information on our site using a comment or contact form.
How do we use your data?
We may use your personal identifiable data in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to email the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve our website in order to better serve you.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
- To follow up with them after correspondence (email or phone inquiries).
- Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
How do we protect your personal identifiable data?
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
Your personal identifiable data is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order to maintain the safety of your personal data. All transactions are processed through a gateway provider (PayPal) and are not stored or processed on our servers.
How long do we keep your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically. Customer purchase records are kept for a minimum of 6 years to comply with legal requirements.
What rights do you have over your data
It is important that your data we hold on you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your data changes during the period we hold it. You have the following rights to your data:
- The right to access– You have the right to request copies of your personal data we hold about you at any time.
- The right to correct– You have the right to have your data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to erase– You have the right to request that we delete or remove your data that we hold about you from our systems. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
- The right to restrict our use of your data– You have the right to block us from using your data or limit the way in which we can use it.
- The right to data portability– You have the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your data.
- The right to object – You have the right to object to our use of your personal data, under certain conditions.
To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your data, please contact us at our email: email@example.com
Do we use ‘cookies’?
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
- Help remember and process the items in the shopping cart.
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If users disable cookies in their browser:
If you turn cookies off it will turn off some of the features of the site.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Data.
Occasionally, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
We accept payments through PayPal. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to PayPal, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information. Please see the Paypal policy for more details.
We, use Google Analytics cookies to help us understand how visitors use the website. You can find out more about Google’s terms HERE
You can change or review your personal information by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or using the update option at the bottom of every email.
Does our site allow third-party behavioural tracking?
It’s also important to note that we allow third-party behavioural tracking (Facebook pixel)
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
- Send you additional information related to your product and/or service
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
We agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at email@example.com
Or follow the instructions at the bottom of each email and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
Last Edited 12 November 2020